At Tagvenue, a London-based events online marketplace, we are a team of energetic, self-driven and positive individuals. We’re building the world’s largest and most innovative venue-booking platform. We launched in mid-2015, and within a short period, we achieved a market leader position in the UK, Australia, Singapore and we’re expanding fast in the US and Canada.
Currently, we’re hiring a Head of Marketplace Operations to lead 3 teams that focus on enforcing marketplace rules & standards, resolving customer and supplier issues, optimising operations, and driving market share growth to cultivate a trusted and efficient Tagvenue marketplace.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
With a global network of event industry suppliers, operational excellence is at the core of how Tagvenue delivers value to its customers. Being responsible for marketplace health KPIs across all of our markets, this role will need to work closely with multiple teams and thousands of external suppliers to ensure that we continue to deliver exceptional service standards. This analytics-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, curiosity about numbers and data, and interpersonal ability to nurture and guide all the actors in the marketplace toward mutually beneficial outcomes. This role requires a strong desire to learn and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to take on complex business challenges that Tagvenue has never faced before.
Strategic Execution on Targets: Formulate and implement operational strategies to deliver consistently on key market quality KPIs. Independently identify challenges and proactively devise scalable solutions across all markets.
Forecasting: Possess the ability to make data-driven decisions, predict results and the resources needed to achieve them.
Team Leadership: Direct and support area managers to cultivate a dynamic, positive work environment. Encourage productivity and set clear team OKRs & KPI’s to track progress and success.
Platform Quality Control: Strengthen the enforcement of platform rules and standards to provide a top-quality experience for both our venue managers and customers. Help improve the quality of venues being offered by Tagvenue.
Operational Efficiency: Boost operational efficiency by identifying and removing bottlenecks, optimizing workflows and internal processes, and leveraging tech solutions to automate tasks. Work to increase the number of bookings processed without increasing the costs per booking. Manage the team headcounts and budget.
Feedback and Improvement: Actively engage with the sales, product, and IT teams, sharing valuable feedback, ideas, and solutions to continuously enhance the platform's features and user experience.
Lead and manage: Work with in-house remote teams in different countries to ensure that quality and responsiveness is maintained.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
You have 5+ years experience in a multi-faceted strategic, operational or, growth role with significant project management responsibilities. Ideally at marketplace startups.
You have experience ideating, building, launching, and scaling processes from scratch in an operationally-intensive startup. You have evidence of turning ideas into action quickly. You like to prioritize building scrappy but fast solutions to problems.
- You demonstrated ability in team leadership, with effective and transparent communication, motivation, and encouragement of team members, and management of performance. Skilled in handling conflicts and driving results. Capable of effecting change and helping people adapt to it. Be vocal and share insights during leadership team meetings.
- You have Excellent analytical skills, ability to manipulate, visualize and interpret data using Excel and other BI tools like Looker studio preferred.
WHY YOU'LL GAIN WORKING AT TAGVENUE:
- A strong marketplace position that creates huge opportunities to generate further growth, working in 6 markets and multiple time zones
- 100% remote work anywhere in CET timezone or from our office in Kraków
- B2B contract
- 24 paid days off & all bank holidays
- Day off on your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- Access to private healthcare
- Tagvenue book/course allowance
- Every quarter we gather in Kraków to see each other in person and have fun together
- Online team building events