We are Tagvenue - one of the world’s fastest-growing online marketplaces for venue hire with over 8,000 event spaces listed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Canada, USA and Singapore. In 2020, we launched a new product - Tagvenue Virtual - a video platform that provides a variety of interactive games that can be played by remote teams.
Our main office in Kraków, Poland is a multicultural hub focused on constant development. Currently, we’re hiring a Head of Marketplace Operations to lead multiple teams that work on improving our marketplace supply as well as teams generating revenues, collaborating with our Founders and external advisors.
This position can be 100% remote, working daily within our timezone (CET).
ABOUT THE ROLE:
With a global network of event industry suppliers, operational excellence is at the core of how Tagvenue delivers value to its customers. Being responsible for marketplace health KPIs across all of our markets, this role will need to work closely with multiple teams and thousands of external suppliers to ensure that we continue to deliver exceptional service standards. This analytics-driven role calls for a combination of creative problem solving, curiosity about numbers and data, and interpersonal ability to nurture and guide all the actors in the marketplace toward mutually beneficial outcomes. This role requires a strong desire to learn and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to take on complex business challenges that Tagvenue has never faced before
Strategise, ideate, plan, prioritise and build optimisations for scale; project manage, execute, experiment
- Own the revenue operations strategy across the business as it aligns and integrates other customer-facing teams (marketing, sales, customer success). Recommend actions to take as you demonstrate tradeoffs the business faces as it develops
- Work with top executives to define KPIs and goals that align operations teams with the company’s strategy and deliver value to our customers
- Build and centralize KPIs/Goals/Performance dashboards for all operations/revenue-generating teams. You will autonomously build your own analyses and dashboards to measure your projects' successes
- Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow while you constantly seek to improve the customer experience
- Choose the strategic projects the operational teams should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Monitor global performance, identify root causes of issues in any market and work with local executors to solve. Experiment and scale with initiatives to improve business operations and profitability
- Proactively search for new product features which could improve the scaling of our operations
Lead and manage
- Build a team that delivers amazing results on time
- Work with in-house remote teams in different countries to ensure that quality and responsiveness is maintained. Collaborate with account management teams, sales, product and other teams to identify process inefficiencies, build solutions, and drive operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with the product team to build tools for suppliers to support themselves wherever possible
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Strong problem-solving ability; the candidate needs to be adept with data and be able to use this to identify and prioritise key opportunities
- Strong evidence that can build approaches, processes and tools to deliver impact
- Experience managing big teams across complex problems
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements.
- Data-driven decision-making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and analyzing strategic investments with a track record of successfully driving aggressive growth.
- Willingness to be "on the ground" building key relationships from all sides of the marketplace.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment.
- Can-do attitude - we are a lean team and responsibilities may fall out of one exact job description; we are looking for folks who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong communication and organization skills; ability to work with remote teams. Minimum of 5 years experience within strategy/management consulting, start-ups, investment banking, business intelligence or any other similar role.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as an externally proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Experience with marketplace models preferred
- Able to experiment & iterate on your work very quickly as you learn new things
- Comfortable with managing several projects at the same time, each with a specific scope, schedule, budget and quality level
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT TAGVENUE:
- A strong marketplace position that creates huge opportunities to generate further growth, working in 6 markets and multiple time zones
- Working directly with company Founders who understand the importance of operational excellence for Tagvenue’s marketplace business
- Role-based on high responsibility and impact, with the opportunity to shape and grow the operational teams and iterate on approaches and ideas, with lots of testing and experimenting
- Constant learning culture among sharp and passionate people who read books and attend conferences, with unlimited book allowance to support your personal growth
- A competitive monthly salary
- Flexible working conditions
- A choice to work 100% remotely or, if you prefer, from our office in Kraków